1 Thessalonians 2:7-12
1. A Good Father is Able to Show Love (v. 8, “We loved you so much . . .”)
2. A Good Father is Transparent (v. 8b, “. . . we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.”)
3. A Good Father is Unselfish (v. 9, “. . . we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone . .
4. A Good Father is a Spiritual Leader (v. 10, “You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed.”)
5. A Good Father is a Positive Influence (vv. 11-12)
“You know we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, Encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God.”